Attorney General Eric Holder has finally agreed to appear before Congress and testify about what he knows and when he knew it about Obama’s secret operation to arm Mexican narco-terorists with guns from American gun stores, paid for by tax dollars.
House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has been trying to get the Department of Justice to hand over records for weeks but has met with a lot of obduracy from the Attorney General.
Over the last few months it appears that the Democrats have finally arrived at their defense of Holder and Obama. They are claiming that Operation Fast and Furious was some sort of rogue operation that neither Obama, nor Holder, nor even the then head of the BATF, Ken Melson.
The committee’s ranking Democrat, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Maryland), said that he’d rather hear from Ken Melson and not Holder because he believes the public records will show that F&F was carried out by the Phoenix office of the BATF without “proper supervision” by agency authorities in Washington.
“With respect to our own Committee’s investigation,” Cummings wrote in a recent letter to Chairman Issa. “I do not believe it will be viewed as legitimate or credible — and I do not believe the public record will be complete – without public testimony from Kenneth Melson.”
Through his attorney, now former BATF head Ken Melson said he would cooperate fully.
Still, the facts known thus far would seem to argue against Cummings’ reduction of culpability. We already know that the DOJ had gotten quite a few emails about F&F during its destructive run. And Holder has already changed his story about when or if he saw those emails half a dozen tines.
More as the story progresses but if you’d like to catch up on what we’ve reported thus far, feel free to use the links below.
- Holder To Testify About Fast And Furious
- Congressman Walsh Calls For Eric Holder’s Resignation
- FBI Pressed to Say Which F&F Gun Used to Kill Border Agent
- Another Empty Obama Promise: Fast And Furious Screw Ups Will Pay
- Issa Now Probing FBIs Part in Fast & Furious
- How Did Obama Know About Fast & Furious Before Attny Gen Holder Did?
- Attny Gen Holder Faces Subpoena in Fast & Furious Investigation
- Obama’s Illegal Guns End Up In Arsenal of Killer in Mexican Drug Cartel
- Holder vs White House: Who Is Accountable?
- Obama FINALLY Gets a Direct Question on F&F from Old Media, Naturally He Ignores It
- BATF Officials Reassigned Over Fast and Furious
- Fast And Furious Finally Starting to Get Some Old Media Coverage
- Reporter Says Obama Officials Cursed at Her Over Fast And Furious Questions
- House GOP Asks for Special Prosecutor For AG Holder’s Lies on Fast & Furious
- Is Fast and Furious Obama’s Watergate?
- Obama Ignores F&F Questions From Latino Media, Also F&F Guns At Texas Crime Scenes
- Documents Revealed: Tax Money Used to Buy Guns for Fast & Furious
- More Pressure on Obama’s DOJ OVer Fast & Furious
- Issa Getting ‘Zero Percent’ Cooperation from DOJ on Operation Fast & Furious Investigation
- Up to 150 Mexican Citizens Killed By Obama’s Gunwalker?
- Secret Recordings Shed More Light On Obama’s Gunwalker Program
- Issa Doubts Holder Could Have NOT Known About Fast & Furious
- Napolitano Denies Knowledge of Fast & Furious – Plus 3 More Murders Linked to F&F
- Ariz. Gun Shop Owner Suspicious of Fast and Furious
- Eric Holder: Fast & Furious? What is that, a Movie?
- Obama’s Gun Running: White House Officials Knew More Than They Claimed, Also More Guns Showing Up at US Crime Scenes
- Fast and Furious Investigation Expands
- Finally: Gov’t Official Resigns Over Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco-Terrorists
- New Mexico Officials Arrested, Likely Part of Obama’s Gun Running to Mexican Narco-Terrorists
- Gun Walker Guns Linked to 11 US Crime Scenes, BATF Officers PROMOTED!
- Was Obama’s CIA Behind Guns for Mexican Narco-Terrorists?
- Memorial Video for U.S. Border Agent Killed By Obama’s Gun Running Program
- Obama Mentioned ‘Gun Tracing’ in 2009 Mexico Visit
- BATF Official: The White House Knew About Fast and Furious Gunrunning Operation
- Obama’s Guns Appearing at Mexican Crime Scenes
- ATF Director Worried That DOJ Kept Him in the Dark
- Democrats Really Are Using Illicit Gunwalker Program to Push New Gun Banning Laws
- Was Obama’s Arms for Naco Terrorists Program an Attempt at Pushing Gun Control?
- Obama Directly Connected to Murderous Gunrunning Program
- Rep. West Calls for Resignation of U.S. Attny Gen Over Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco Terrorists
- Obama’s Mexican Gun Running Paid For by Stimulus Money
- Newest News on Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco Terrorists
- Obama Happily Putting Guns in the Hands of Mexican Drug Dealers, Now Ending Up in Phoenix