If you want a comprehensive rundown of the debacle that is Obama’s disastrous Operation Fast and Furious scandal, you could click on every article linked at the bottom of my F&F entries here at Right Pundits. Orrrrr, you could go to Forbes and read the comprehensive wrap up of everything known about F&F in a well written piece by Frank Miniter.
One of the things that Miniter notes is something that can’t be stressed enough. The guy that replaced BATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson, the first fall guy that the Obama administration has tried to pin this mess on, has been replaced by a guy that was just as involved in this scandal as Melson.
Miniter notes that current BATF director is B. Todd Jones and he also notes that this guy was involved in planning and update meetings about the very scandal the Obama administration is pretending they didn’t have any part in.
So, essentially the Obama administration has replaced a guy in order to have a fall guy, but put in another guy that is just as drenched in guilt as the first guy! Why? Why else but to have a hold on the director of the BATF. After all, if they put in a guy that was free of the scandal he juuuust might feel disposed to start actually revealing the truth!
Anyway, please do read Mr. Miniter’s piece.
“Fast And Furious” Just Might Be President Obama’s Watergate
-By Frank Miniter
Why a gunrunning scandal codenamed “Fast and Furious,” a program run secretly by the U.S. government that sent thousands of firearms over an international border and directly into the hands of criminals, hasn’t been pursued by an army of reporters all trying to be the next Bob Woodward or Carl Bernstein is a story in itself.
Gallery: The World’s 10 Most Wanted Fugitives
But the state of modern journalism aside, this scandal is so inflammatory few realize that official records show the current director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), B. Todd Jones — yes the individual the Obama administration brought in to replace ATF Director Kenneth Melson Aug. 30 in an effort to deflect congressional criticism — also has questions to answer about his involvement in this gunrunning scandal.
Fast and Furious was an operation so cloak-and-dagger Mexican authorities weren’t even notified that thousands of semi-automatic firearms were being sold to people in Arizona thought to have links to Mexican drug cartels. According to ATF whistleblowers, in 2009 the U.S. government began instructing gun storeowners to break the law by selling firearms to suspected criminals. ATF agents then, again according to testimony by ATF agents turned whistleblowers, were ordered not to intercept the smugglers but rather to let the guns “walk” across the U.S.-Mexican border and into the hands of Mexican drug-trafficking organizations….
Read the full piece at Forbes.
- Is Fast and Furious Obama’s Watergate?
- Obama Ignores F&F Questions From Latino Media, Also F&F Guns At Texas Crime Scenes
- Documents Revealed: Tax Money Used to Buy Guns for Fast & Furious
- More Pressure on Obama’s DOJ OVer Fast & Furious
- Issa Getting ‘Zero Percent’ Cooperation from DOJ on Operation Fast & Furious Investigation
- Up to 150 Mexican Citizens Killed By Obama’s Gunwalker?
- Secret Recordings Shed More Light On Obama’s Gunwalker Program
- Issa Doubts Holder Could Have NOT Known About Fast & Furious
- Napolitano Denies Knowledge of Fast & Furious – Plus 3 More Murders Linked to F&F
- Ariz. Gun Shop Owner Suspicious of Fast and Furious
- Eric Holder: Fast & Furious? What is that, a Movie?
- Obama’s Gun Running: White House Officials Knew More Than They Claimed, Also More Guns Showing Up at US Crime Scenes
- Fast and Furious Investigation Expands
- Finally: Gov’t Official Resigns Over Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco-Terrorists
- New Mexico Officials Arrested, Likely Part of Obama’s Gun Running to Mexican Narco-Terrorists
- Gun Walker Guns Linked to 11 US Crime Scenes, BATF Officers PROMOTED!
- Was Obama’s CIA Behind Guns for Mexican Narco-Terrorists?
- Memorial Video for U.S. Border Agent Killed By Obama’s Gun Running Program
- Obama Mentioned ‘Gun Tracing’ in 2009 Mexico Visit
- BATF Official: The White House Knew About Fast and Furious Gunrunning Operation
- Obama’s Guns Appearing at Mexican Crime Scenes
- ATF Director Worried That DOJ Kept Him in the Dark
- Democrats Really Are Using Illicit Gunwalker Program to Push New Gun Banning Laws
- Was Obama’s Arms for Naco Terrorists Program an Attempt at Pushing Gun Control?
- Obama Directly Connected to Murderous Gunrunning Program
- Rep. West Calls for Resignation of U.S. Attny Gen Over Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco Terrorists
- Obama’s Mexican Gun Running Paid For by Stimulus Money
- Newest News on Obama’s Arming of Mexican Narco Terrorists
- Obama Happily Putting Guns in the Hands of Mexican Drug Dealers, Now Ending Up in Phoenix