Kids are going hungry, families are losing income, kids are being left home alone and dangerously unsupervised, and school budgets are being wasted by Wisconsin’s teachers. Why the heck are Wisconsin’s teaches putting so many kids at risk? Worse, why is the Old Media allowing the unions to get away with this without calling them on it?
There are several questions that should immediately come to mind with this whole situation and all of them tend to show that these teachers don’t care at all about the kids that they keep hiding behind. After all, these actions perpetrated in Wisconsin by the state’s teachers are hurting kids all across the state.
Let’s consider what is going on in Wisconsin, shall we?
- The special breakfasts, lunches, and in some places even dinners given to kids has stopped because these teachers have illicitly shut schools down.
- Some kids are now home alone because with schools shut down poor working parents are at work and some kids are home left unsupervised.
- After school programs have been shut down hurting low income families.
- Those working parents that act responsibly for their children are now staying home, missing work and losing income because of it, hurting working families.
- Costs to schools will grow as schools will be forced to stay open later in the year to make up for lost days.
- Kids were put at risk by being taken from schools without parental permission slips for the protests last week.
- Teachers are shutting down government, the wellspring of all caring for kids (at least in their formulation of the matter).
Now, if any organization or coalition on the right were responsible for shutting down government and hurting kid’s benefits so much the Old Media would be hollering this meme from the rooftops. Yet with all these things happening as result of the actions of these left-wing unions, not a peep is being heard from the oh-so-caring media establishment.
Imagine that, right?
In any case, it seems pretty clear that all the tropes the left throws around when it concerns education are merely a smoke screen to protect high salaries, rich benefits, and overstuffed pensions. The “kids” are the human shield unions use to hide behind.