Once again the environazis are responsible for fixing something that isn’t broken and at the same time breaking something that shouldn’t need fixing. This time it’s your dishes. Some of you may have noticed over the last year that your dishes are no longer emerging from your dishwashers as sparkling and shiny as they once did. Well the fault is not in your dishwasher or your water. It’s in the environut movement.

Not long ago an ingredient was removed from your dishwashing detergent because envirowhiners claimed it was damaging the environment. Since then dishes everywhere are seeing a buildup of a white, filmy material made up of calcium, magnesium, and aluminum. This film was once easily removed by an ingredient called phosphates. But now 16 states have banned phosphates in dishwashing detergent and manufacturers are taking it out to satisfy the ban.

As the Tampa Tribune reports, people are not aware of removal of phosphates and have been wasting money on dishwasher repair men and even buying new dishwashers thinking that their machines had gone bad. Some even have bought expensive water treatment devices thinking that would solve the problem. Only it doesn’t.

Perhaps phosphates are a problem in the environment and perhaps something should be done about them. But the it-ain’t-broken part of phosphates in dishwashing detergent is that this source of “pollution” is but 3% of the phosphates in the environment. The other 97% comes from farms, water treatment centers, and the construction sector. As it happens, farms just happen to use phosphates in fertilizer and that source is a direct avenue to our environment.

So, the envirogoofs are attacking our dishes when our dishes are only responsible for a tiny fraction of the problem. Once again, environmentalists don’t seem to care much about the environment but seem much more concerned with attacking our lifestyle with little good done the environment.

There is one small bight side, though. Even as environmentalists are trying hard to send us back 100 years by getting rid of dishwashers, for instance, and by quashing capitalism as best as they can, capitalism is not so easily put down. New formulas of dishwashing detergent are heating up the market and some small companies are finding new profits.

I am sure that socialist-inspired environmentalists are damning their luck once again.