A couple of interesting things have happened since the media has declared Barack Obama our next President. One is that the economy took a nose dive. The other is that gun sales have skyrocketed. The gun sales could have something to do with Obama’s gun control policy. Read about it below.
The Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States guarantees citizens the right to keep and bear arms.
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
The right of the people of the United States to bear arms has been discussed in every way shape and form, but the Constitution is very clear about it. A smaller Federal government has enabled States, districts and cities to decide for themselves whether or not they will uphold the Constitution or infringe on those rights to one degree or another. The results of ‘gun control’ have been very clear to anyone willing to see it. Those areas that restrict law abiding citizens from owning guns have the highest violent crime rates in the country, while areas that allow citizens to own guns are relatively free of gun crime.
But the discourse on the Second Amendment is rarely rational and free of emotionally driven hyperbole.
Barack Obama’s gun control policy, or should I write anti-gun record is long and informative:
- 1994 to 2001 – Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
- 1996 – Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
- 1999 – Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
- 2003 – Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
- 2004 – Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.
Barack Obama now claims he is not anti-gun ownership. His campaign has put out statements saying he supports law abiding citizens’ right to own certain types of guns used for particular purposes. In fact, his campaign says that he’ll uphold the Second Amendment. His voting record belies what he now claims, that as President he would be no threat to American gun owners.
Just a few months ago, the Supreme Court shot down the D.C. gun ban. It was a 5-4 decision. What would it have been with Obama appointing Justices to the Supreme Court?
Its hard to trust a man will uphold the Constitution when he very recently stated that the Constitution is fundamentally flawed.
With all of that in mind, is it any wonder that gun sales are up by 25%? I don’t know about you, but this Annie’s gonna get her gun.
Obama on The Second Amendment – Video
Obama on Gun Control – Video