Last night was one of the most interesting debates I have seen in a long time. It was entertaining because Sarah Palin dominated the debate and she won it decisively. Joe “Gaffe” Biden Loses the debate by a wide margin.
I love Joe- Lets stand up for Joe. In my opinion, he is the gift that keeps on giving. He is billed as the “smartest” person in the Senate.
How come Biden loses the debate? Well, he loses for several reasons, including the 16 gaffes. What are those gaffes? Here is the list.
1. TAX VOTE: Biden said McCain voted â€śthe exact same wayâ€? as Obama to increase taxes on Americans earning just $42,000, but McCain DID NOT VOTE THAT WAY.
2. AHMEDINIJAD MEETING: Joe Biden lied when he said that Barack Obama never said that he would sit down unconditionally with Mahmoud Ahmedinijad of Iran. Barack Obama did say specifically, and Joe Biden attacked him for it.
3. OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING: Biden said, â€śDrill we must.â€? But Biden has opposed offshore drilling and even compared offshore drilling to â€śrapingâ€? the Outer Continental Shelf.â€?
4. TROOP FUNDING: Joe Biden lied when he indicated that John McCain and Barack Obama voted the same way against funding the troops in the field. John McCain opposed a bill that included a timeline, that the President of the United States had already said he would veto regardless of itâ€™s passage.
5. OPPOSING CLEAN COAL: Biden says heâ€™s always been for clean coal, but he just told a voter that he is against clean coal and any new coal plants in America and has a record of voting against clean coal and coal in the U.S. Senate.
6. ALERNATIVE ENERGY VOTES: According to FactCheck.org, Biden is exaggerating and overstating John McCainâ€™s record voting for alternative energy when he says he voted against it 23 times.
7. HEALTH INSURANCE: Biden falsely said McCain will raise taxes on people’s health insurance coverage — they get a tax credit to offset any tax hike. Independent fact checkers have confirmed this attack is false
8. OIL TAXES: Biden falsely said Palin supported a windfall profits tax in Alaska — she reformed the state tax and revenue system, it’s not a windfall profits tax.
9. AFGHANISTAN / GEN. MCKIERNAN COMMENTS: Biden said that top military commander in Iraq said the principles of the surge could not be applied to Afghanistan, but the commander of NATO’s International Security Assistance Force Gen. David D. McKiernan said that there were principles of the surge strategy, including working with tribes, that could be applied in Afghanistan.
10. REGULATION: Biden falsely said McCain weakened regulation — he actually called for more regulation on Fannie and Freddie.
11. IRAQ: When Joe Biden lied when he said that John McCain was â€śdead wrong on Iraqâ€?, because Joe Biden shared the same vote to authorize the war and differed on the surge strategy where they John McCain has been proven right.
12. TAX INCREASES: Biden said Americans earning less than $250,000 wouldnâ€™t see higher taxes, but the Obama-Biden tax plan would raise taxes on individuals making $200,000 or more.
13. BAILOUT: Biden said the economic rescue legislation matches the four principles that Obama laid out, but in reality it doesnâ€™t meet two of the four principles that Obama outlined on Sept. 19, which were that it include an emergency economic stimulus package, and that it be part of â€śpart of a globally coordinated effort with our partners in the G-20.â€?
14. REAGAN TAX RATES: Biden is wrong in saying that under Obama, Americans won’t pay any more in taxes then they did under Reagan.
And I just discovered a few others:
“He has â€” he has â€” the idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the executive â€” he works in the executive branch.”
“Look, all you have to do is go down Union Street with me in Wilmington or go to Katie’s Restaurant or walk into Home Depot with me where I spend a lot of time and you ask anybody in there whether or not the economic and foreign policy of this administration has made them better off in the last eight years.”
Uh Joey, Article I does not apply to the Vice President. Don’t you think, he should know by now?
Uh Joey – Katie’s Restaturant closed in the early 1990s. It does not exist.
Given the number of gaffes, Joe Biden loses the debate. I went to bed with 10 gaffes, now we are up to 16 – and still counting.
Feel free to comment and add to the number of Biden’s gaffes last night.
UPDATE: There are at least 22 Gaffes by Biden. Assuming 45 minutes of debate time for each candidate in this 90 minute debate, Gaffe Biden committed 1 gaffe every 2 minutes that he spoke.